Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Winter White

While on vacation at Grandpa & Grandma's, one early morning, Mom jumped out of bed, looked out the window and interrupted my blissful sleep. What the heck? Then I heard... "Oh my Goodness!! Hurry, HURRY!" Not sure what all the excitement was about. Before I could blink, my skully parka was on, Mom grabbed her camera, coat and we were out the door.

Everything was covered in Winter White. It SNOWED! It was silent. No traffic noise, not even birds singing or squirrels barking. Just the sound of the snow crunching under my toes. Priceless...

(Just between us, Mom was so excited about going outside in the snow, she was still in her flannel jammies. Thank goodness she grabbed her coat, scarf & slippers... hehee snort.)




After playing in the snow, it was time to go inside & get warm. Then Grandpa headed outside with snow shovel in hand, to clear off the driveway for the surprise Pug guest and her parents. My Grandpa is awesome.


16 comments:

  1. You look so great in your coat. Stylish and warm. What fun you had. We used to get snow in CA (yes, it does snow there in the foothills), but I hated walking in it.

    Can't wait to hear about your Pug guest.

    Arnie sends kisses and slobbers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owwww Suki! I love the snow, I love the feel of the snow between my little paws, the taste of it (I jump in the air to eat the cold flakes), I love the feel of those flakes on my nose and like to make "yellow scnow cones" Hee,Hee! I think the photo of you in your scull coat looks super cute! Im glad that after playing you went inside to get snug as a pug! Oh I'm excited now, I just can't wait to hear about your Pug guest!!
    Love, Lickls and Pug Hugs from your friend Frank xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Suki! It was quite a surprise to wake up to the white stuff in the heartland, huh? It's actually going to approach 60 this week so I hope my mom gets rid of her cold so she can take me for a walk minus the white snow! Don't tell but my mom has rushed me out in her pjs before too! Hehee! Talk to you later my friend!
    Love,
    Payton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suki, you know how I feel about the snow(!!) so I won't say anything. However, I do think you look right at home in the snow with your parka!! I'm glad you and your mom enjoyed it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suki, we (Pucia and Zuzia) don't like snow much, but our brother Fredzik loves it!! We had snow one day this winter but it's gone.. So he realy loves your today's pictures, and we love your jacket!!!! It's great! Lots of love from Poland:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look totes adorbs in your coat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Arnie!!
    You had snow in CA? I don't blame you for not liking the snow. I have a feeling it could get old, really fast.

    Hugs & Kisses,
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Frank!
    You really do like the snow! Hehee, yellow snow. I didn't make any.

    Hugs,
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Payton,
    Sorry to hear your Mom's not feeling well, I sending her a bunch of juju! Our weather is crazy in Austin, freezing at night & low 70's during the day.

    Hugs,
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  10. Noodle, Noodle, Noodle,
    You are my silly friend, you don't like to swim, but you go to the beach, no snow activities for you. You need to hang with me, I could change your mind. Hehee.

    Hugs my friend,
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pucia, Zuzia & Fredzik,
    Your names are so much fun to say. I don't blame you for not liking the snow, Poland winters are way chilly-er than at my Grandpa's or even in Austin.

    Pucia,
    I'm still sending you positive juju!

    Hugs,
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Suzy,

    Thank you for the compliment!

    Hugs,
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a lot of snow, Suki! I can't wait until we get some snow. It's gotten so cold here in NY that you'd think we'd get a little snow to make the humdrum winter a little more fun, but noOOoo. Last year we had a blizzard around this time - now THAT was fun!

    You look super cute in your jacket. My 'rents have been keeping me in layers - I get a t-shirt, then my fleece cape, and then my harness. I'm ready for the snow - send some our way!

    -Love,
    Sid.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very hard to play golf with that white crap on the ground! Bah Humbug!

    Gampy

    ReplyDelete
  15. That stuff looks cold! You can keep it all. It's been so warm here lately that we're kind of afraid of what's around the corner. We'd love to stick with the 60's since last winter was so stinking cold.
    Hope you had a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We're glad you got to experience snow but here the girls don't like it so much and the boys love it! We hope you had a great trip and grandpawrents spoiled you rotten! Love Zoe, Peyton, Webster & Liberty

    ReplyDelete