Saturday, February 4, 2012

Gobbler's Knob

Shhh! Don't tell! I snuck out of the house on Groundhog Day. I didn't realize that the ground had hogs. My curiosity got the best of me and Had to see what this creature looked like and to see what all the hoop-la was all about. Destination - Gobbler's Knob to meet Punxsutawney Phil (say that three times fast). Arnie was worried about me traveling alone, so he joined me on the adventure. Whoo hoo! Sigh! Apparently Phil can predict when Winter will end. Something about a seeing a shadow.

Punxsutawney Phil was summoned from his burrow in the old oak stump by a tap of a cane. Check out Phil's handlers top hats. Arnie & I thought thought they were going to pull out a white rabbit. Instead a brown, wooly-chubby cheeked creature emerged and looked for his shadow. Phil indeed did see his shadow, so this means six more weeks of winter. Yipeee! But Phil in all your cuteness, dude, you need a breath mint. Just sayin.

My friend, Payton was busy doing her own Groundhog Day research. Low and behold, she saw her shadow too! Seeing a shadow is good news to us... we are enjoying the unseasonably warm winter temperatures. If its warm now, Oh My Lands Sake, just think of the Pug melting temperatures the summer could bring.

What a whirl wind trip with my Arnie. Thankfully I made it home just before Mom got home. When she walked in the door, I pretended to be asleep. Hehee, snort.

12 comments:

  1. Suki, you are so clever to sneak out and have an adventure when your mom is working! Too bad that ground hog was stinky and not good for bacon. Anytime you need me to conduct simultaneous investigations to help your experiments, just say the word, my friend! My mom is just awwing over your sleepy picture (so she bought it too). And thanks for my modesty bar!
    Love,
    Payton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Payton,
      If you could sneak out of the house where would you go?

      Hugs,
      Suki

      Delete
    2. It would be hard to choose, but here's my top 3 dog friendly places I still need to visit.
      1. Austin, TX
      2. NYC
      3. Florida
      If I had to stay close to home, it would be either Treats Unleashed or Four Muddy Paws!
      Love,
      Payton

      Delete
  2. Arnie here - glad I could be of assistance. I couldn't let you around that creature without backup, for sure.

    I think we make a good team. Anytime you want to go on another date, I mean adventure, I'm your man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arnie,
      We DO make a good team! Only 34 more days! Whoo hoo.

      Hugs,
      Suki
      Hi Gracie

      Delete
  3. Suki, I didn't realize you hobnobbed with the rich and famous! So cool! Well done!

    Gampy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gampy,
      It was an adventure I couldn't pass up.

      Hugs,
      Suki

      Delete
  4. Suki that last sleeping picture of you is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sequoai, Tuni & Emma,
      Thank goodness the picture doesn't have sound, you could have heard me snoring.

      Hugs,
      Suki

      Delete
  5. Suki you are jus too cute on sleeping picture :) our friend Gucci the pug from Berlin said that this Punxsutawney Phil "works" only for USA and Canada, and since we have very cold winter with temperature around 10F, we hope for sooner Spring then in 6 weeks time :( lots of love and have nice week, Fredzik, Zuzia and Pucia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there Suki, Oh my you are a very adventurous and curious little pug, I cant believe that you managed to sneak out and see the groundhog! So Phil saw his shadow, so this means six more weeks of winter does it? Hmmm... how do those people know that he indeed did see his shadow?? I dont know much about groundhog day being from Wales Uk, but it was good to see some photos and learn a lot about it! Love, licks, hugs and Tummy rubs from Frank xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judging by that last photo, it was an exhausting trip, Suki. I have a toy that bears a striking resemblance to Phil. Did you get his autograph?! Or at least a cool top hat? I'm enjoying this mild winter - I just hope it doesn't mean we're gonna get snow in May!

    -Love,
    Sid.

    ReplyDelete