Last Saturday was a stormy-rainy day (five inches of rain when it was all over). Perfect for sleeping in and being lazy, listening to the new play list on the iPad... The great Yo-Yo Ma along with the one and Only George Strait, Joey + Rory, Andrea Bocelli and A Sleep At the Wheel. What music do you like to listen to... Go...Sunday turned out to be beautiful. Time for some yard work. But first, we headed to Home Depot to pick out some plants and flowers.
Tomato plants were on my list, but Mom nixed that idea. Something about only one decent tomato last time and tons of creepy crawling bugs. Sorry Camp Director, no Tomato Contest this year.
Once at home, the plants were unloaded and we got busy planting my purchases.
Once at home, the plants were unloaded and we got busy planting my purchases.
Suki! I'm glad my rain dances have been working to allow for such a fun gardening weekend! I bet that lettuce was tasty. Did you get some green beans or broccoli? What about strawberries? Who knew gardening could be so yummy!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Payton
PS. I love it when my dad plays the guitar and sings. That music gets me in the mood to pick up a toy and play!
Hi Payton,
ReplyDeleteYour booty shaking is working! Thanks for doing the rain dance. I may have to go back & get strawberries, they were so yummy last year.
Your Dad plays the guitar & sings? You need to have him play & sing for us at Arnie & Gracie's house.
Hugs,
Suki
Hi Suki,
ReplyDeleteWe love the pictures of you in your new plants and flowers! It looks so springy. Good luck with all the veggies, hope there's a lot of good eatin'.
Drools and licks,
Minnie and Mack
Hi Minnie & Mack
DeleteI'm making a list of other delectables to plant. Wish you lived closer & could join us at 1000 Pugs. Mack - I will give your Payton a hug for you.
Hugs,
Suki
Suki,
ReplyDeleteYou're the first pug I've known to eat pansies! Glad you are open to enjoying the plant world and not into the poo world that Puglet is obsessed with. :)
Tamara + Rupert
Besides pansies, rosemary is great too. I body slam the plant & rub/exfoliate with my petite bod.
DeleteThe flowers are almost as pretty as you! Our mama tries to plant flowers - she gets the kind that are supposed to come up every year but Libby kept digging them up last year ... and mama wasn't very happy! Love Zoe, Peyton, Webster & Liberty
ReplyDeleteSounds like Liberty enjoys yard work too
DeleteThat's nice that you can get started on your garden now. Back when I lived in Los Angeles and had a BIG BACK YARD, we had a big garden and you could plant stuff pretty much any time of year. However, in NYC it's pretty dang cold out still so our little garden patch in front of our apartment building still just looks like a small rectangle of dirt - with a couple scraggly-looking plants that appear to be surviving the mild winter this year. Glad you're not "hunting" Puglet-style, Suki. I've never thought of eating THAT STUFF either! Yuck! :)
ReplyDelete-Love,
Sid.
Awww such pretty pictures of you in the plants, looks like spring is starting to sprung (??) with you hugh?? I love sampling my Mum's plants too! Awww the photo with your head in the lettuce is sooooo cute! You look funny! I laughed out loud at that one! I cant believe that you had a little nibble on the pansy flowers too! Ha,Ha,Ha! Sooo funny! I do that too!!!! the photo amid the flowers is lovely! Love, Hugs and Puggy Tummy Rubs from your friend Frank xxxxxxx
ReplyDelete