Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Gracie & Arnie

Oh my goodness, it was a stupendous weekend. I got to meet Gracie from Screaming K9 in the fur when she road into to Austin. (See really didn't really ride in on a Harley, but since she's kind of a biker chick, it was a perfect place for a picture).

Gracie is really sweet it was awesome to finally meet her and her Mom. As you may know Gracie does agility. And was in town for a trial, I was so honored to watch her run! She can run fast (but don't tell her, but I think I can run faster - since I'm bionic).

After Gracie finished running at the speed of light, jumping over the obstacles, while pointing her toes like a ballerina, we loaded up and went to the hotel where they were staying to pick up Gracie's Dad AND Arnie, Gracie's brother. It was a surprise, I didn't know Arnie was along for the adventure. Gracie's Mom said Arne & I would get along great, we are very similar. Oh my goodness, when I saw Arnie & our eyes met, I could swear I heard music playing, sigh.

After we picked up Arnie & his Dad, we headed to lunch on the patio of Home Slice Pizza. Mom says this place is always packed, has a great city vibe feel and everyone is always super friendly. Needless to say Gracie, Arnie & I got tons of attentions and pets. Arnie is such a clown. Look at him licking his chops wishing for a piece of pie.

Gracie is a smart cookie, while she was sitting on her Mom's lap, she spotted the waitress with the human's slices of pie. As the waitress was putting the plate down, in the blink of an eye, two shakes of a lambs tail, Gracie had her paw on the plate & slid it over in front of herself. I'm going to have to remember that trick. Thanks Gracie for that pointer. Gracie & Arnie are so cute!

As we were leaving the pizza place, we all stopped in our tracks, we couldn't believe our eyes. I think we all had the same thought at the same time... Graffiti, posing opportunity just like our friend Pug & Dutch from the Daily Puglet.

After lunch I wanted to share one of my favorite places with Gracie & Arnie, Zilker Botanical Garden. It was so much fun exploring the Garden, plus we were on the look out for the notorious dinosaur that lives at the Garden.

The Garden has several different areas to explore, Japanese Garden, a Pioneer Village where we discovered this cauldron. Hmmm, I heard something mentioned by the human's.. "Pug Stew".

Another area has nice wide paths thru the woods. This is Mom's favorite part, it makes her think of the Woods at the Farm. Did you notice in this picture, I think Arnie is checking me out, blush.

We searched & searched but didn't see any dinosaur. It must be like Big Foot or Sasquatch. Maybe next time.

On Sunday, I met up with Gracie & Arnie again, Gracie had more running to do. As she was resting for her run, Arnie & I spent some together. We went to play where Arnie grabbed my leash & tried to take me for a walk.

He also gave me a kiss on my face as well as a pug snort in my face too & even "boxed" my head with his front paws. Not quite sure if this was a first date, but it was the best time!

After all the adventuring, I'm one tuckered out Pug. I was super proud of Gracie's running and her sneaking pizza pie technique. Arnie was dreamy. Hopefully soon we all will have more adventures together.

15 comments:

  1. Hi Suki! Oh my pug! Those are some of the cutest, bestest photos! I love the one of you 3 by the graffiti. You and Arnie look so good together standing on the curbs - you both have the exact same expression. And the pic in the pot - adorable! I think there are two shots of Arnie checking you out! That Gracie is something else - beauty, strength, AND smarts! I will try that pizza move too! I'm so glad that you got to meet Gracie (and Arnie) in the fur.
    Love,
    Payton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arnie here (Gracie let me write on her account) - those pics are awesome. And yes, my heart went pitter patter when our eyes met. You understand me. Can't wait to see you again, maybe where we can really run and play without those stinkin' leashes.
    Slurps and Slobbers, Arnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Suki, you are so lucky to have met Gracie and Arnie. Arnie is real cute. You guy definitely make a cute couple. Just sayin'. I love all the pictures of you guys. Very artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great time the 3 of you had! Arnie is dreamy and Gracie is amazing. We love all the pictures, especially Pug Soup! he he he.

    Drools and licks,
    Minnie and Mack

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suki, Arnie looks like quite the catch. I can see you two riding off into the sunset on that big Harley!!! You three in that "soup pot" was a great picture. Your mom did a fantastic job with all those pictures but, of course, look at the subject matter.....how could she go wrong! : )

    Gampy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Payton!
    Mom thought it was funny that Arnie & I had the same expression, you could tell we didn't like the graffiti, the dude on the wall in the mask was freaky looking. Gracie & Arnie & parents were so much fun. Plus Gracie was nice to share her treats after her runs & I didn't have to run to score treats. They are great!

    Hugs,
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Arnie,
    Wow, I'm so glad to hear from you. Please give Gracie a hug for me & tell her is said thank you for letting you write, she is so sweet! I can't wait to see you again too. Running together without the leashes would be great. Slurbs and slobbers - you made me blush.

    Hugs & more hugs,
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Princess Wilma,
    I'm trying to curtsy as I'm telling you hi. Mom says thanks for the artistic comment. You're such a sweetie.

    Hugs,
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Minnie & Mack,

    The human's were laughing so hard when we were being pug soup, I'm surprised Mom was able to take the picture. Yes, you are right about Gracie & Arnie.

    Hugs,
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi GAMPY!!!

    I'm miss you & Gamy! Hope you are doing well. Mom says thanks for the compliment about the pics. And you are right! It's a great subject matter.

    Hugs to you & Gamy!

    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww You, Gracie & Arnie are so cute! You look so tiny next to them! I love the Pug Stew, very funny and so very adorable! All the photos are brilliant but I like the photos of each of you on the tree stumps and the funniest photo is you all sat by the rock with the dinosaur behind you, guess you guys missed him, they do say that those Dinos are very allusive! I would have thought your strong sense of puggy smell would have found him out though! I love that Gracie is an agility pug all that running and jumping, wow I’m so proud of her and her sneaking pizza, that’s a crazy good idea! I really do hope that you all meet up again and maybe more kisses from Arnie … don’t worry Suki “He’ll be back!” hee,hee! Love and Pugs Frank xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suki, that sounded like such a fun and exciting weekend! You guys are so funny in all those photos. The one of you in the giant pot had my dad cracking up! And I was impressed at the posing ability of all three of you up on those tree stumps. It sure looks like Arnie was taking a shine to you. :)

    I hope Gracie showed you her pizza sneaking trick. Can you teach it to me, too?!

    -Love,
    Sid.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Frank,
    Oh my gosh! You are right! There is the dinosaur right behind up! I can't believe we missed it.

    Hugs,
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sid,
    You should try the pizza trick sometime, oh yes, I took note of Gracie's technique.

    Hugs,
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what a GREAT pictures!!!, pugs are always supermodels, and look great on every single picture but these pictures are just AWESOME!!! 3 of you look like you had great time in pizza place and the biotanical garden:) I also love pic of Gracie doing agility, she can jump high:) have a nice weekend little Suki, hugs Misiober

    ReplyDelete