Sunday, November 6, 2011

I Won!

Since I had a great time on my first kayaking adventure, Mom checked Facebook to see if the Rowing Dock had a page. Sure enough they did AND they were having a photo contest. All you had to do was post your favorite pictures of fun times at the Rowing Dock on their FB Wall. Mom quickly uploaded two pictures. Guess what?! My cuteness WON!!! I now the proud owner of a punch card for 6 hours of kayaking, a $50.00 value.

I almost thought this adventure was going to be postponed. A cold front blew in and the morning temp was 42 degrees, thankfully it warmed up fairly quickly. I wanted to wear my pink Skully sweater, but Mom insisted safety first, the life vestie was a must.


After posing, my mind was on the treat. I can taste it even before its in my mouth...

Mom prefers to be behind the camera taking pictures. Once in every great moon, she will post a picture with her in it. She really likes this picture of us kayaking together. As you can see, I have kayaking down pat, Mom does all the paddling (heheee, snort) and I just sit here, looking cute and enjoying the ride.

Once on the water, we headed upstream to get the hard part over with first. But there was debate on which way was was up stream, but I was right.

While on the water, I saw lots of red slider turtles, a Great Egret, Great Blue Heron and ducks (mallards, coots, gadwall). At one point, I was surrounded by the ducks. I don't think they have ever seen a pug before. I really, really wanted to go swimming with them. Unfortunately, Mom wouldn't have it.




Mom's video cam has been fickle, she wanted to fling it into the lake to see how many times it would skip across the water. Thank goodness with the help of a SD card reader, what ever that is, she was able to recover the video of ducks.

After being on the water, it was time to sunbathe and catch the warmth of a few rays. Kayaking is so much fun. Plus I get a good laugh out of Mom trying to "gracefully" get in & out of the kayak. Thankfully she didn't end up in the lake.

Next weekend adventure can't get here fast enough. I'm so excited! Here's a hint, Pugs and running.

21 comments:

  1. Suki!! That adventure looked like so much fun! And how nice of you to use your cuteness for good and win it so your mom could save up more treat money! I really like the picture of you and your mom in the kayak and the one of you on the dock sunbathing. Your expression is priceless! But my mom can't stop saying "that is the cutest video ever". I think it's because of your begging to go swimming. I wonder who told those ducks that you'd be there? Hmmm. I wish I couldn't have gone with you. Anyway, I can't wait to hear all about your fun next weekend (and say hi to you know who for me)!!
    Love,
    Payton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suki - what an adventure! And congratulations on winning the photo contest. You look so cute in your pink floatie - it's no wonder you won.

    That video of you with the ducks made my 'rents crack up. I guess they thought that noise you were making was funny. I'm with you though - I think your momma should have let you go swimming with those ducks!

    Glad you got some time to relax in the sun after a hard of looking cute in the kayak.

    -Love,
    Sid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Suki, you are so cute. We love your pink safety vest and matching harness! Congrats on winning, now you will be guaranteed more boating!

    Drools and licks,
    Minnie and Mack

    Running for a pug? Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suki, that looks like so much fun! You really did want to go swimming with the duckies, didn't you? Thanks for sharing your kayak adventure, and congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Sukiyaki! That is so awesome that you won the contest. No surprise though. How couldn't you win, being as cute as you are? We have to go on the PC and check out the video. Can't see it on the darn iPad. Can't wait to hear about your next advednture

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! How wonderful to win that contest. You look adorably adorable.

    Pug love from,
    Pearl & Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome adventure! And you get to go again! Maybe we can talk our pawrents into taking us on one a trip like this some day! Pug Hugs, Zoe, Peyton, Webster and Liberty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on winning the photo contest! There's nothing cuter than a kayaking Suki!

    My friend Puglet swam with the ducks but the ducks swam away from him so you aren't missing anything. He told me that the ducks were a bunch of show-offs with their webbed feet and all. Hmph! Those ducks have got nothing on us pugs!


    Tiffy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great boater you are. I've kayaked too, and it is so much fun.

    Running pugs.......stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Payton,
    It was a fun adventure & I will be glad to tell you know who you said hi next weekend.

    Hugs,
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sid,
    My Mom thought my sounds were funny too. It was hard for her not to laugh & be on the video.

    Hugs,
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Minnie & Mack,
    Thanks on the congrats. I'm looking forward to kayaking again.

    Oh, I will keep you posted about running.

    Hugs,
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi DW & Wilma,

    Thanks on the congrats.

    Wilma - not being able to see the video on Mom's iPhone & iPad is the one thing she doesn't like about the gadgets.

    Hugs,
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pearl & Daisy,

    It was great to win, trying my part to help out.

    Hugs,
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  15. Zoe, Peyton,, Webster & Liberty,

    You should get your parents to take you kayaking, I highly recommend it.

    Hugs,
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Tifffy,

    Pug is my friend too! I do remember him swimming w/the ducks. Great video.

    Hugs,
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Gracie,

    Running Pugs, hehee snort!

    Hugs,
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Suki what a wonderful kayaking adventure! Congratulations to you and your Mom winning the photo contest! The six hours of kayaking FREE sounds amazing!! It was nice to see your Mom in the photo even if she did have her back to us and is paddling! I love the video of the ducks, I love to see them, My Mum takes me to this big lake called "Parc Cwm Darren" and they have so many ducks there, in the summer I like to take a swim with them but I'm sensible in the winter, I know that the water is far too cold for this little Puggy to handle! I love the photos as usual, I like the one of you sunbatheing, you look so warm and cute! Kayaking seems like so much fun! I wish I could go! I'm looking forward to next weekends adventure Pugs and running Hmmmm...Sounds fun!! Love and Phugs Frank xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh, Suki!! I'm not gonna tell you what I think about being in/on the water (again!), but I gotta say that picture of you and your mom in the kayak is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Frank,

    You brave if you send with ducks! Glad you don't swim in the winter, way to chilly.

    Hugs,
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Noodle,

    I though about you when I was kayaking & how much you hate water.

    Mom likes the picture of us together. She say's I look cute sitting there on the look out for sharks!

    Hugs,
    Suki

    ReplyDelete