Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Special Pug Guest

My special Pug guest was none other than my very good friend Payton! Yes, the one and only. I was sooo excited to see her and her parents. But where was Gampy & Gammy? Unfortunately, I didn't get to see them on this trip... next time.

I couldn't wait to show Payton Grandma's player piano! This was going to be great, Payton can sing a romantic ballad for her guy, Mack & I could sing one for Arnie. Player piano, easy right, it plays music by itself, wrong. Apparently to make it work, you have to pump the pedals with all your strength. With our short legs, we were out of luck. Being two resourceful gals, we came up with Plan B... Sing a cappella.

Then it was present time! Oh my goodness, Payton is The Pro-Master at opening presents.

Tissue paper was flying everywhere. Then it was my turn. Payton's present opening technique worked well for her, it was my turn to give it a try.

After opening our presents, we bundled up in our winter coats & grabbed our gear. I took Payton outside to show her what items I discovered before she arrived. It was a top secret mission... Boy oh boy we were bad! Super bad, but in a good way. Hehee, snort. Unfortunately, the pictures are classified at the moment.

Once our mission was accomplished, it was time to warm up by Grandpa & Grandma's wood stove.

Our day went by to fast, then it was time for Payton & her parents to continue on their journey to the Windy City to meet our friend, Sid. It was a great day with my friend, her parents and my family!

GUESS WHAT!!! I am super-excited to announce with much delight, I will be part of the 1000 Pugs! Mom can't stop dancing around the house and at work, the grocery store.... you get the picture.... We are looking forward to meeting Puglet's human. My paws are crossed that Puglet will be there too. Mom also gave me more exciting news! I will get to see My Arnie & Gracie, they also are part of the shoot! Whoo hooo, I better rest up my bionic powers, there will be a lot of running and playing chase at Arnie & Gracie's house. They have been very gracious & we get to stay at their home.

14 comments:

  1. Wow, Suki! You DID have a wonderful holiday full of family, friends, fun, and .... uhm, ... snow. :/

    Yay!! I'm SO glad you are one of the 1000!!! You're gonna love Miss Amanda. She's supernice and gives good (hypoallergenic, I hope) treats!! I love hearing about all my friends being in the same book! It's like being all together even if it's not "in the fur!" I can't wait to hear how it goes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suki! I loved your post today! It was a wonderful surprise guest! What a wonderful time you had with Payton! I’m such a big fan of Payton, she is just wonderful! I'm sad that her Gampy and Gammy were not there too! I love that you both sang a cappella love ballad to your boyfriends! I can just imagine Payton singing sweetly about Mack you singing with adoration for Arnie! I’m sorry that your Puggy legs were too short to reach the piano pedals! I will have to write a ballad for my lovely Minnie (from Minnie and Mack) she will love it!
    All those presents look amazing! You are so very lucky! Well done for being a part of the 1000 Pugs, I’m looking forward to you meeting Puglet's Hu-mom and your adventure with them! Oh and so exciting! I’m also looking forward to your adventure meeting with Arnie & Gracie too! I love your adventures with them! It will be so much fun! Yes you had better rest those bionic pug powers for your adventures to come!
    Love, Licks and Puggy Hugs from Frank xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful surprise you had. You are so lucky to have met Payton. I loved your singing photo - is American Idol next?

    We can't wait for 1000 Pugs either. Arnie keeps singing "I get to see Suki"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one happy girl Suki. What a great visitors :) and you had such nice time and presents !!!!:) it's good to have friends :)hugs PT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have double good news! I can't believe you got to meet Payton in person. Mack is SO jealous!!!!!!!!! and you were able to snag a slot in the photo shoot for 1000 PUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Drools and licks,
    Minnie and Mack

    PeeS: The two of you are sooo cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Noodle,
    You are lucky to know Miss Amanda already! I'm hoping you and Mochi will be in the book too!

    Hugs,
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Frank,

    You should totally write Minnie a ballad!

    Hugs,
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gracie,

    Oh, I hadn't thought about American Idol, that's a very good idea.

    "I get to see Arnie!" "I get to see Arnie!"

    Hugs,
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi PT,

    You are very right! It's great to have friends.

    Hugs,
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Minnie,

    Don't tell Mack, this is the second time Payton & I have met. Mack would be doubley jealous.

    Hugs,
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Suki, come to my blog today, I have nominated you for an award! Love and Licks Frank x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suki,
    I just loved spending the afternoon with you and your family. Your grandpa and grandma (and great aunt too) were so nice to me and so welcoming! My only complaint about our visit is that I wish it could have been longer! Next time, my friend!
    Love,
    Payton
    PS. I'm still after that ostrich! Is yours giving you heck too?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a great trip & you girls are sooo pretty xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was the definitely the winter of pug blogger meet-ups! You two look so cute curled up by that fireplace. Love that photo of Payton's head buried deep into that gift box - it's no wonder she was pretty tuckered out by the time we met up later that evening!

    -Love,
    Sid.

    ReplyDelete