
When Mom got home from work yesterday, she said "the rain is headed our way! It's going to rain!" Yea! Could it be true?... it's finally going to rain? Well I'll believe it when I see it.....As you all know, rain is desperately needed and is a welcome site to see.

So we headed outside to the patio to watch the clouds roll in, enjoy the coolness in the breeze and the smell of the approaching rain. The clouds were really cool looking. Slowly coming closer and getting darker. In the distance was the soothing, rumble of thunder. By the way, Thunder does not grow grass. Come on Rain!

Then, I spotted the White Wing Doves at the bird feeder. I really like the birds when they come to the feeder and bird bath.

As you can see, I'm trying to get them to play a game of chase. This is the stance I assume when instigating someone to chase me. But for some reason the birds don't want to play, but I'll keep trying.

Mom was busy keeping an eye on the clouds, when they were starting to swirl. Mom freaked out, whisked me back into the house. Thank goodness the Tornado didn't finish forming. What a relief!

Well, looking at the radar, seeing the clouds you would think it would have rained cats and dogs.... Nope, the weather is still broken. All the rain that came from the clouds didn't even cover the patio.
Hi Suki!
ReplyDeleteSo close! I can't believe that you didn't get more rain! But let me tell you, I'm not going to continue my dances if you are getting tornados. Mom gets very freaked out about tornados, and I don't really like going to the basement (unfinished) at weird hours either during the stormy seasons. Stay safe!
On a happier subject those pictures of you are just precious! Your butt is in the air but you just don't care! Maybe the doves will play with you another day.
Love,
Payton
P.S. Your post was still not on my reading list, but when I saw your comment on my post I thought I'd stop by...grr!
PS. Just thought you'd want to know that your post just showed up on the dashboard like 10 seconds ago! GRR to Blogger!
ReplyDeleteOMP that is a cool picture of the cloud swirling. We don't gets that here. We just gets dark clouds a bit of wind then tons of rain!
ReplyDeleteWinston
Oooow Suki, the photos are really cute, I would play chase with you even if those mean birds wont! Those black cloud swirling look really scary, and I cant believe that you didnt have that much rain, I will be doing my little puggy rain dance for you trying to make it rain for you! Love, Licks and Phugs Frank the Tank xxxxxxx (http://theadventuresofthetank.blogspot.com/)
ReplyDeleteCome on rain. We got just enough the other day to make the windshield dirty.
ReplyDeleteI love the play bow.
I am going to send you my rain! There has been a funky swirling weather pattern over my house for the past 5 days. It rains, then stops, then rains again. This happens over and over every day. It's totally crazy! Since we don't need the rain and you do, I'm sending the swirl to your house!
ReplyDeleteDon't feel bad about the birds. I can't get the birds to play with me either. Maybe they don't like pugs.
Tiffy
Hi Payton,
ReplyDeleteThere was rain in the area again today. Mom could see storm clouds all around, but it didn't rain at home. South of Austin got lots of rain. Glad someone is getting the rain. Especially all the farmers & ranchers.
You go in the basement, Mom puts me in the tub when the clouds start looking really ugly.
Hugs,
Suki
Hugs,
Hi Winston,
ReplyDeleteIt was amazing how fast the clouds change. Glad the one didn't developed into a tornado.
Hugs,
Suki
Hi Frank,
ReplyDeleteThank you for doing the rain dance. Surely it will work!
Hugs,
Suki
Hi Gracie,
ReplyDeleteIsn't the tease of the rain so frustrating?! Geez!
Hugs,
Suki
Hi Tiffy,
ReplyDeleteWhat?! The birds don't like PUGS?! I thought everyone liked Pugs. I'm going to give them a talking to the next time I see them.
Oh yes, please send the rain.
Hugs,
Suki
My puggy LOVES to chase the birds. Ever caught one? She keeps trying...
ReplyDelete